Tuesday 4 September 2012

Day 35: A lesson learned

As I have mentioned in another post, I purchased my hot end already assembled. Never again will I do this! I encourage everyone to build your own unless you are buying from someone who: a) knows what they are doing; b) are willing to answer any questions you may have about how they built the part; or c) everything is well documented. So far, this one part has had several unknown wiring issues, a broken thermistor (which I literally just found). This would explain why I was not getting any temperature readings off of the hot end. I guess until my pack of thermistors arrive it will be extremely careful printing or no printing at all.

Understandably, I am not happy about this new development at all.

On a more positive note, as far as I can tell, the motors I ordered from DIYTechShop work beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment